Wednesday, June 26, 2013

"The Ghost by the bed"


"The Ghost by the bed"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.

During my 1st year of High school I was chosen to represent my school to the YMCA Hi-Y Conference which was to be held in Teachers Camp in Baguio City. 

Now Teachers camp has been known to be a very haunted place but I did not know it during those times. I think my seniors knew but they were not about to share it with me. 

The first day was great because there were so many things to do , so many people to meet. I think I caught a bug from someone because during the evening sessions or lectures I began to have a fever and I had to excuse myself. I went to our designated Male quarters. I covered myself with my blanket and shivered alone. I had my back turned from the door. I closed the lights.

I think it was an hour or so when someone entered the room. I was awakened and saw that it was my friend Jonathan who was wearing a grey sweater and Khaki pants lie down on the bed next to mine. His back was turned from me and I jus under the weather toorest as well. I went back to sleep.

I was then awakened by the sound of laughter. I tried to look at the people opening the door and there was Jonathan looking quite well and laughing with out friends. I looked at the bed where he was supposed to be sleeping and there was no one there. I told them about this. No one slept on that bed again for the duration of our trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment