Thursday, May 2, 2013

"Undead Hearts"




"Undead Hearts"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.

I
I am a broken thing
and I live among them in this hell
I hear their cries all day
I hear it all night time as well

II
You cannot live without a heart  , says Biology 
Yet I see them shambling on
Men and Women who's hearts have been torn
No beating hearts , just breathing one's

III
Broken dreams and relationships
they pine about futures that could never be
They complain about their suffering present
and several pasts, too ungodly to see

IV
I hear them and see them
and they seem to live on nothing at all
Mere Undead hearts that have no reason
Undead hearts that forego the emotions or passions

V
I cannot complain about these broken things
they remind me of what I lost but cannot tell
Just like them I merely go on living
with this decaying  , undead heart as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment