Saturday, January 21, 2012

The man on the road… March 10, 2009



Its 4am and I’m on the new laptop my dad gave me as a gift for passing the boards( now that is the universe at work , I mean I am suppose to take it this August and sure enough I will pass it , I have the gift from the future to prove it!) . I’m up reviewing again and well , from bringing my wife to her work in Gateway Cubao. Due to Non-DST(daylight saving tanga) her very early 5am schedule has now been moved to 4am which means we have to wake up at 2:30am everyday and I have to drive her by 3am! The trip going to the place was uneventful as I always pictured it but the trip back was another matter. I was nearing the bridge before Trinoma and everybody was happily speeding along with me , when from the distance I saw a man with long disheveled hair , his clothes appeared tattered in a few places. The man was very muscular and big as he lifted his arms in the pose of a savior, as if daring the passing cars to hit him. It’s a credit to everyone driving that time that he wasn’t hit at all. Imagine that we were driving at speeds of 100kph. He did slow up a lot of traffic and he appeared to enjoy himself as he taunted the nearing cars. Oh and did I mention he had a bottle of something on his left hand? The threat was there but he never seemed to hit any of the cars that passed him. The guy seemed to have a death wish as he stood in front of every approaching car, including mine. I saw his face grinning as cars desperately swerved away. I mean what kind of guy would get his kicks this way? I had three things running in my head. The first one is that this guy was drunk , the second was that he might depressed enough to stand there or the third , that he was just plain crazy. I would never know the answer to these speculations though since he was already an afterthought as I sped away on my way home.


___________________________________
Note: This blog is proof that life doesn’t always turn out the way it is supposed to. I am still planning to take the boards and if the world doesn’t end this year then it would be February 2013. Hell or high water!

No comments:

Post a Comment