Monday, December 14, 2009

Ben 10: The Movie----They Shouldnt have...

Yesterday I got to watch Ben 10 the movie , an original production from the Cartoon Network.

I dont know about the original , but everything has been done before to some degree.I know a lot of my friends like the cartoon but I never got into it at all. Lots of better things out there I suppose.

The story involves a former Plumber( what kind of a freaking name is that for an interplanetary police force?) gone rogue and some alien chips that have come to life.
Of course the world is in danger and Ben Tennyson and his crew have to save it again.

This is kinda like MIB...for kids. The antagonists in this one looks like a miniature Swarm from the matrix movies.These ones are the harmless kind though.

You dont believe that the heroes are in any danger eventhough they are swarmed or surrounded by zombies (the chips take control of you and turn you into a walking minion , how original again) whos best offensive move is to get in the way or try to move in closer for a hug. You kinda wish they would bite someone in the end. They just stand there as these Plumbers( just really disgusting name) show off their supposedly alien powers. I was rooting for the zombies and the alien chips but I guess like everything in this movie they were just lame.
The only cool guy( I didnt even bother to get his name because Id probably forget it anyway) in this movie is the one who turns into the molecular constituancy of anything he touches ( God forbid he touches chalk , then you know he is done for) . He provides the best one liners in the movie but he looks like he is trying too hard to be in the next Twilight movie or something. He looks more like a vampire than an alien police.Oh and that guy from Gen13 was way cooler.

Im not sure what the writer of this movie was thinking , that scene where Ben turns on his grandfather just seems wrong to me. I think that sends a wrong message to teenagers. Speak to your elders , defy them , go with your gut on things. Most of the time teens dont know what they want , in this movie Ben was right , but in real life it seldomly turns out that way. I do understand that people need to make decision for themselves but that scene could have been handled much better.

I know people would still watch this for the action and the supposedly slick graphics but dont expect to get much from it than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment