Thursday, June 30, 2022

"No longer Afraid"

"No longer Afraid"

by:

Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD 


So recently we visited Greenbelt 3 , The High end shops area in Makati where we usually walk the sky ways through to get to our jeepneys to go home in Pasay 17 years ago.


Walk through was the word since the only thing we can possibly afford in that area was the go nuts donuts and only if there was not a line there that stretched on and on.


While we were looking for parking I reminded my wife of the horror on our faces when we found out that one key chain in one store was priced at 25K! And you can't even do anything with it. Just a status symbol of having a 25k key Chain among the other 25k key chains hooked to your bag.


We were afraid to step into one of those stores because we were afraid to get judged! Mga hampas lupa umalis kayo dito wala kayong pambili ng Hermes or Louis Vuitton!


Well we stepped into the Louis Vuitton in the area and were treated like royalty! My wife getting the attention she deserves when she is shopping. The Lady attending to us returning with more and more bags that fit what my wife wanted. I knew the prices of these bags but I was not worried.(I still had two kidneys and I can sell one!) .Kidding aside I was happy that after all the time we spent just passing by this place I was carrying orange packages for my wife and I can see the smile on her face.


It might have taken 17 years but we were here. And we were no longer afraid.


No comments:

Post a Comment