Monday, January 31, 2022

"The Old Man with the simple Clothes"


 "The Old Man with the simple Clothes"

by:

Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD


It was the last day of 2021 and we decided to eat at Hard Rock Cafe in S Maison. The place was cozy and offered a nice view of the Manila Bay. I think it was my first time in the place as I have no recollection of their menu or drinks.


As we sat there enjoying our food the staff , all from the managers and cooks came and gathered around an old man who came in with his Filipina wife. I told my own wife that this guy probably owns this Hard Rock Cafe or probably a majority share holder.


"How can you tell?" My wife asked me.


Aside from all the staff clamoring to be in the picture with him , I noticed that the guy was wearing a simple shirt , pair of pants and comfortable shoes. It was in the way that he carried himself. The air that I can wear what I want and I don't need to impress anyone. You ought to know who I am kind of vibe.


I told my wife that I wanted something like that in the future for myself. That you go to a place and people just know you and you dress for comfort not to impress the right people because you have paid your dues and reached the top rung of the success ladder.


When I asked the waitress if this was just their boss for this Hard rock franchise , it was revealed that the old man with the simple clothes that looked like he just put them on and went out for a walk was actually the owner of the Bistro Group of restaurants. That group of restaurants which offered good food but made you pay through the nose for top quality. Places like Italianni's and Chili's. 


That even drove the point home for me. Successful people can be as simple as they want. Ah to be that simple looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment