Monday, January 31, 2022

"Greeting the year with 3617"


 "Greeting the year with 3617"

by:

Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD



January 1, 2022 opened the year with 3600 Covid19 cases.With some areas in the NCR doubling their local numbers and in places where there were already zero cases see the reappearance of infection. I told my friend that it was only a question of when the Omicron wave will hit us. And that answer was at the first week of the year.


I always believed that the actions we take in the first week of the New Year would be the echo of our future actions till the end of the Year. This would be preparing for the worst and worrying. I find myself browsing through protocols , looking at our disinfection and Mask supplies. 


I argue for my wife to reconsider her trip to Dubai as the numbers would keep on rising in the coming weeks. We plan on when we would get our booster shots. We make plans and counter plans and back up plans just in case.


Also after breakfast each morning for the past 2 days we lie down in bed (or in my case in the sofa) lazily and try not to think of nothing before the crazy Monday duties begin. 


This is the thing about vacations. Your mind often disagrees with your body. We planned on going out only to find ourselves back in bed , bundled in blankets , and browsing through our phones.


Later on where I would write my first blog posts of the year and Aven would be playing Skyrim on her laptop.And my wife would still be looking at Tulfo , the latest gossip , car reviews , real estate and Jewelry. She processes information fast. 


And pretty soon we forget the 3617 cases of yesterday. Except when the masks that we need to put on when we go out remind us that those cases are still out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment