Tuesday, April 20, 2021

"A Hopeful Parallel"

"A Hopeful Parallel"

by:

Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD


It has been awhile again. My Izanami has gotten the better of my again and I am still trapped in this loop where I can't write but today it seems like a tipping point for me and a lot of the things that have been brewing all this time has just needed to come out.

So there I was looking at the news that Israel had finally announced that you can now go out in public and not wear a mask. A friend of mine even posted that when she went out and not had a mask on , she felt weird , as if she forgot something. And I believe that this will be a thing for quite some time until people go back to normal.

It reminded me of the book version of World War Z where Israel was one of the first nations to stabilize and found a way to effectively deal with the undead. Read the book , the movie just went so far out there that it is no longer the same thing.

Going back to my topic. Back in the real world it was also Israel who mounted the first effective response to Covid19 and thanks to all their hard work they can now go out and mingle in public and open their economy and schools. Yes there are certain situations that require a mask such as large gatherings but hey seeing another persons face without a mask is both a jarring and weird experience after the Pandemic year that we have all been through.

This gives me hope that there is an end to all this fear and misery. That we will eventually get there even if it seems quite hopeless now. We will survive and turn the tide much like Israel did. The road is long and hard and there are a lot of obstacles. All we need is to hold on. And be thankful that there are no zombies to add to our worries.

No comments:

Post a Comment