Wednesday, March 3, 2021

"The Creepiness of 11 minutes"

 "The Creepiness of 11 minutes"

by:

Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD


I have a routine that I follow when I go to work. I set up my Waze to maximize my drive and I put on a curated playlist to listen to. I have a playlist that consists of 5 songs and one of those songs happen to be 11 minutes by Yungblood and Halsey as the last one in queue.

Nothing really out of the ordinary when I first tried this playlist. I like the songs , I was humming to them , thinking of what I would write , what emails I would be answering and so on. In that drive from Valenzuela to QC I will pass by the intersection of Congressional and Mindanao Avenue. While waiting for the light to turn green the last song 11 minutes came on and I was amused to see that as Halsey sang the chorus "I'm 11 minutes away" my Waze also displayed that I was also 11 minutes away from my destination. Since the light was still red I managed to get a screen shot of this. I believed it was cool but had no further thought on the matter. I arrived at the clinic with no incident.

Since I rotate playlists it was awhile since I went back to that 11 minutes one until I did the following week and I remembered and thought that it would it be cool if I stopped at the same corner and this song would come on again? True enough it did. I was also 11 minutes away from my destination according to Waze.

Nothing concerning right? Until I played the same playlist , stopping at the same intersection 3 more times with the same thing happening. After that I stopped playing the playlist all together. The reason? In the Music video for the song Halsey was singing 11 minutes away and not being reached anymore because well , she was in a horrific car crash that killed her or at least in the MV. Well that is enough creepiness for me. On to the other playlists without car crashes in their MV's.


This is the Actual screenshot.



No comments:

Post a Comment