Monday, March 1, 2021

"A life Lesson from Uncle Istvan"

 "A life Lesson from Uncle Istvan"

by:

Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD


I first met Uncle Istvan when I was in med school and starting out with my a couple of my friends what would end up to be a life consuming hobby.


Uncle Istvan is a tough guy. He reminds of one of those Uncle's that let you hit them in the arm or in the abs just to prove how tough they really are.


They say things like,


"Wala akong Maramdaman"

"Mahina , lakasan mo pa."

"Yun lang? Chicken."


And I used to be in so much awe that Uncle Istvan would take zero damage from creatures and during that phase of my magic learning the main damage really did come from creatures so Uncle Istvan could just stand there killing 1/1 goblins or stopping 7/7 Baloths without trample. Literally a stone in the middle of the road that causes other creatures to stumble. During those times my thought would be if Uncle Istvan lands on the field it will be all over.


Of course I had to snap out of it and figure things out for myself and this is what I realized there is more than one way to remove a creature. Uncle Istvan does not have shroud or hexproof. He can laugh at all the damage being thrown his way but a simple Unsummon can make him go away. It was that easy.


In real life I also have some Uncles who are toughies. They can also easily be unsummoned by their wives regardless of how tough they are though. Thanks Uncle Istvan for the life lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment