Wednesday, December 30, 2020

"Sphinx of the Second Sun:Pondering"


 "Sphinx of the Second Sun:Pondering"

by:

Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

When Sphinx of the Second Sun was spoiled for Commander Legends I must admit that I glossed over it a bit because my mind was wandering toward what I would do if I got a Scroll Rack or Vampiric Tutor.

So when I opened this mythic in the last 3 packs that I would be opening this year I got to thinking about what I would be doing with it.

One of them is that I think it would be fun to put in both Sphinx of the Second Sun and Approach of the Second Sun in one deck.




The Extra Beginning phase let's you dig for that Approach that is 7 cards deep into your library. Inching a bit more closer to victory. After all , all you need to do is cast it for a 2nd time.

Another thing that came to mind was the other Massive spells that would benefit from this Extra Beginning Phase. And I thought of the Epic Spells from Kamigawa like the Undying Flames. Exiling the top card of your library until you exile a non land card and then it deals that much damage to opponent or creature. That would be a kick to do and with the Sphinx of the Second Sun in place you are able to do this twice each turn!



Oh and if Blue mages love having 2 mana untapped to intimidate future spell casting imagine how much more intimidating they could be with all their lands untapping on the 2nd Beginning phase. And there is a an extra draw phase too to fill up what I assume will be a full hand brimming with counters...or lands. Still think of the intimidation factor with that hand. Hahahaha

Thanks Sphinx of the Second Sun you gave me a lot to ponder on.

No comments:

Post a Comment