Wednesday, December 30, 2020

"Doc In, Doc Out Presents: The Unhelpful Prick"

 "Doc In, Doc Out Presents: The Unhelpful Prick"

by:

Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD


As I scrolled through my social media pages this message greeted me:


"Kakapalan ko na mukha ko pero alam kong bawal to.  

May kilala po ba kayong blood type O+. Need lang kasi po asap since ung ate ko ilang beses tinanggihan ng ospital. 4 days sya nag labor sa bahay kundi pa may nag magandang loob na samahan sila di siya mapapaanak. Near QC area po kami. Sana po may makatulong at mag magandang loob. Nag babaka sakali lang na may tumulong.Wala po kaming maibabayad sa mga mag dodonate kundi pasasalamat."


I knew the guy who posted this but sadly cannot help him at this time. I felt bad but the guy who commented first on his plea really ticked me off. This was what he said.


"Universal yung dugo ko kaso kakapatattoo ko lang kasi"


I don't know why people would actually say this to those in need. It is kind of like saying I have what you need but I can't give it to you because...


I mean I don't mind that he has a tattoo ,you can have as many as you want but to say that on this persons pleas for help is downright insensitive.


And the kicker is that before getting his tattoo he did know that his blood can actually be used to save lives. He might have donated in the past as well as he had this knowledge handy. I am not sure if he got tired of doing that he basically destroyed a resource that is hard to replace. Such a waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment