Tuesday, September 29, 2020

"My Hair.To Cut or Not to Cut."

 "My Hair.To Cut or Not to Cut."

by:

Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

The last time I grew out my hair was the year when Aven was born.It had to such an unruly mess as I took care of her and now 14 years later with all this global pandemic I have managed to let it grow out again.

When the lockdown happened I was one of those people who would not be getting a haircut because all of those services became unavailable to us. There was even a challenge where wives would cut their husbands hair. Some clearly had the talent for it and some well , did not. The latter hair cuts were hilarious. 

My wife. Well she let me grow it out. I told her that this might be the last time that I might be able to given that my crown was already thinning.(Thanks for that Dad!). 

A couple things that I recalled while my hair grew was that uncomfortable feeling of those patelya hairs going into my ear. And the uncontrollable waves that it would shape themselves into when I woke up in the afternoons before preparing for my night duties.

I might be writing this because my long hair might end this Sunday. The wife seemed adamant about me putting on a "Professional" look rather than the fat homeless guy looks that I have been sporting lately. I feel like my hair is just fine though. 

If it is gone this Sunday then so be it. It was good run till it lasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment