Monday, August 31, 2020

"Grab Mother and Child"

 "Grab Mother and Child"

by:

Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

On a night (June 7, 2019) where I could be with my family we decided to use the Grab App to order some food.Some Palabok and Pichi-pichi would be nice. We were surprised that it was a female rider who immediately picked up our order.She was polite in her texts and update us constantly. 

When it was time to pick up our food from downstairs I noticed that our lady rider had a passenger who was clinging to her back while also trying to hold on to the plastic where I assumed the pichi-pichi was.

I went down and confirmed that it was a little girl in her jammies. Around 6-8 years old with her hair curled in most places. She was adorable. I got our food and gave the little girl a little extra for being such a good helper.

So when we were unwrapping our meal a sad thought entered my mind. Where was the Dad/Husband? Before I can think of anything negative I instantly countered myself by saying that he was probably working hard as well.Maybe some place else or maybe he was resting while it was his wifes turn to earn a little extra while he rested for the next shift. Always try and see the good I said to myself.

And it was then that my thoughts turned to gratitude. I was thankful that my wife and daughter were home , safe and eating their meals rather than being out there. Thankful that I can provide enough for them so that they would not need to earn anything extra.

I may not be the best dad but I take pride in saying that at least every my family needs is provided for.

No comments:

Post a Comment