Monday, August 31, 2020

"And So Death Stares at us All"

 "And So Death Stares at us All"

by:

Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

I will push my anger down

Though it rises so strongly

I rage for their disregard

I pity their stupidity


II

Or Maybe they cannot help it

Living this way for so long

This was the way

And also it will be the way

III

And it dawned on me

The Frustration of oracles of old

When you explain the path of death

and still no one does as they are told


IV

It is my freedom , My will

I am stifled , will not be confined

This is a hoax , Not real!

I will be me as I defined


V

And so I see them

Marching to their deaths with a gesture

Uncontrolled impulses leading them

Justified as human nature


And So Death Stares at as All


Toyota Abad Santos , Manila. June 1 2020 11:07am

No comments:

Post a Comment