Friday, January 31, 2020

"Some Seek It."


"Some Seek It."
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

"Di ba si Mayuri yan?"

And V who normally did not talk to anyone brightened up and looked at the girl with braces who noticed his shirt. The first and only person to know who was the heavily painted face on it meant. "You watch Bleach?"

"A couple of episodes. I was moved by what he said about Perfection. Na Dead end yun. Attaining it means death because it is the end of creativity. As a dancer I love that I am also not perfect but getting there. So I think I applied what he said to my dancing as well."

V looked on at this girl in his class , how come she did not notice her. How come there was someone here worth his time but he did not even notice. He had to reevaluate his entire class. Someone might be interesting here like her. V seemed to be staring at nowhere and the girl was looking at him.

"I'm July. You always seem to be staring into space or have your face in a book or a laptop. Maybe if you give the class a chance you might find some of us interesting."

"I find you interesting. I mean I  have been in this school for 3 months and no one has gotten me and yet you just came out of nowhere. I am not good at surprises."

"That makes the two of us!Apir." And July raised her hands for the high five which V seemed to return somewhat weakly.

"Sorry about that. Not so good at the hand signalling things and all those interactions."

"Ok lang. Di lang naman ikaw. I mean a lot of the guys have been asking me out after class but I don't do so well with a lot of people."

"And you want to be a dancer? Aren't dancers a bit more flamboyant and social? I mean you dance in groups after all."

"You could say that but there are times that we work on our steps alone too. And I like those moments too."

"I get that.I like the quiet when people aren't talking to you."

"Are you telling me to go?"

"Nope. I think your's is the only voice I heard in this entire school that is pleasant to me."

"Well thank you. I have never had anyone find my voice pleasant."

"I can argue about that with anyone. I mean most of the girls in this school seem really shallow. And they talk in that weird way like they are some sort of hypersonic bee , high pitched and excited."

"And I don't sound like that?"

"Your voice is low and sweet like honey , soft like silk even if you seem to be excited when you talk."

"You think so?"

"I know so. Do you have anything to do after class? I know this new cafe that opened up."

"Do you always ask people you just met out like this?"

"Only people I like."

"Well , I'd love to go with you but I have auditions today."

"Auditions? For the New Gen? The Dance hall is right across from the new Cafe I was talking about."

"Wow. That's great. But I might be there for awhile. Do you want to tag along to the audition and then we could go?"

"Sure."

"Won't you be bored waiting for me?"

"You know me. I'm the guy staring into space or burying my face in these." V pointed to his books and laptop "I'm sure that I can wait for you."

July clapped her hands together. "Sige sige. I was so nervous because I didn't know anyone there.At least now may kasama na ako."

"I know people there."

"You do?"

"Yeah. One of the originals is my Ate."

"Wow.Let me guess which one." And July tried to figure out how V would look like as a girl and in her mind give him long hair and a curvy body. With midribs and tight leggings. And before she could figure it out she started laughing at the image she created. V would have been very pretty as a girl and there was only one girl with the deep set sleepy eyes in the originals. She was their main girl.

"Oh no. Aster is your sister?"

"Yup. I can introduce you later."

"Will you?" July seemed to be all energy , it was not every day that you could meet one of your idols. 

"I promise. You are going with me to the cafe afterwards after all."

No comments:

Post a Comment