Tuesday, December 31, 2019

"Midweek Magic 2019 #31: Alela Slips Through"


"Midweek Magic 2019 #31: Alela Slips Through"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

Games have been too far in between for the last couple of the weeks these past two months but it was a good Wednesday when I met up with Ram and Chez in KFC Eton Centris. 

I was glad for the games.It was Alela and Muldrotha in the end when Ram decided to eliminate Chez early in the game. I managed to survive all the damage I took because I was able to pull off my favorite land combo from Muldrotha but I found that it was total shame that I was not able to put in the Field of the Dead that I have brought recently for all those zombies. Ahuhuhu

So any way I was able to sacrifice all my lands to my Zuran Orb and getting them all back by sacrificing my Worldshaper to my Viscera Seer to get all those lands back. I have done this for 2 turns and was so caught up with all the things going on that I forgot to check on Alela. 

After casting spells and I was done to my last 5 lands Ram nervously(was not apparent during that time) at all the cards that had been in my graveyard. I did not do the same but I should have.

So I played something again and I cannot recall what , from sleepiness or just giddiness from pulling off this favorite move in two successive turns. More than 80 life seems like a huge enough cushion after all. So I passed the turn to Ram who drew a card and attacked with Alela who at this time was adorned by all sorts of enchantments and equipments that made her a 16/16 monstrosity. A 16/16 FLYING monstrosity that I forgot to check as I thought that my ground forces would be able to block her. But she just went through and I already sustained enough damage from her to succumb to Commander damage costing me the game.



We were laughing our asses off. Ram also showed me the card he looked at in my graveyard that I could have cast the previous turn if only I paid a little bit more attention. It was a Corrupted Conscious that I specifically put in for situations such as this. I could have gotten Alela , attacked Ram with it for 16 infect damage and won. Instead I let her slip past and she killed me instead. Mahirap talaga kapag kinakalawang sa paglalaro. Hahahahah

No comments:

Post a Comment