Tuesday, December 31, 2019

"3 cards that I regret selling: Cards ko Para Kay Meralco."


"3 cards that I regret selling: Cards ko Para Kay Meralco."
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

There is nothing more painful than a magic player parting with cards that mean a lot to them. There have been times that bills or other emergencies take more importance than the aforementioned cards. In my case , it was our Electricity bill and while I can wait for my salary at that time we were facing disconnection and so there I went to Caloocan and our friend Alvin was generous enough to take the cards from my hands so that I can pay our electricity bill.

And the cards are these 3:



1) Foil Dismember - During my run to be the Plaguelord of the North (Where you count the number of Infect wins against per standard tournament as a side quest and accumulate it for a price at the end of the season.) I opened a pack while having dinner with my teammates who never failed to cheer me on. It was sweet to have this card in my Infect decks until I eventually needed to sell it.

2) Foil Inkmoth Nexus - While we were still dating my then girlfriend who eventually became my wife bought me this card and I have been proud running it in my decks as it symbolized a deeper bond between us. She understood my love for the game and was supportive of it till to this day. 

3) Set of Verdant Catacombs - Originally owned by Rod Tolentino of the band Subscapular , I had treasured these fetch lands and they provided the much needed filtering to accelerate my Mono Green Infect Assault deck. I got it at a great price during the time and though I can still afford it now selling this set of lands still pains me to this day.Not only has it increased in value , this lands were owned by someone I admired in the local music scene.



My friends and I often tell stories of how we had to sell certain cards. I console myself with this question that my wife often asks me , "Nagbebenta ka pa ba ng cards ngayon?" which I often answer with "Never again."








No comments:

Post a Comment