Tuesday, October 29, 2019

"The Pacman Affair"


"The Pacman Affair"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

I did not realize how competitive my wife and daughter were until I started playing a video game with them. We went to the Timezone in Vertis North last Sunday and player a couple rounds of Pacman. The Pacman version where you have 4 players where aside from eating ghosts and pellets and fruits you could also eat each other. Wait that didn't sound right. Well you could bite each other and the player bitten dies on the big screen. Wilting away into a pile of former pacman remains.

It was the first time I realized that the most predatory and the quickest to eat other players was my own wife. I knew she was always hungry but I didn't realize that it WAS that level of hungry. hahahaha 

So she bit Aven and Me and I was even surprised at Aven who was laughing and howling to my left as she either ran from her Mom or was on the hunt for her mom when she was the first to get to a power pellet. Shrieks of "Waaaaaah Mommy" to "Gusto mo talaga yan Mommy ha hahahahah" filled the noisy arcade. I was not sure if people were staring but I did not care. I was laughing at these two people in my life blow off some steam.

Aven is a very hard working student who wakes up early and fusses about the smallest tasks in her school. Her Mom is awake most of the time on the week days dealing with 2 International companies. So I was happy to let them just bite each other. And keep on laughing at the process. Except when they were both trying to bite me or when I accidentally got in between them and they killed me at the same time!


I was just happy that we could all be on equal footing in this game and just laugh about the whole experiences which makes me finally want to buy a game console so we could play with each other on the weekends more often hahahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment