Friday, September 27, 2019

"The Mythic Streak: The Loose pack."


"The Mythic Streak: The Loose pack."
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

It was August 29 and I opened a pack of Coreset 19. I had asked the Ate in Neutral Grounds Centris to bring out the box of Coreset 19 as the Coreset 20 boxes were already out. As she did so a pack fell out on the glass stand. And I said wouldn't it be fun if I got a planeswalker in this single pack and I would be able to write about it later? So I choose this one pack and proceeded to have dinner in Pho Hoa.

While I waited I cracked the pack open and when I saw the loyalty counter at the bottom I just had to be happy at what I predicted. Staring at me was the Mythic Ajani , Adversary of Tyrants. It was not that expensive but I was happy beyond the monetary value. I never had a copy of this card before and now I had something to write about bwahahahah.

This is my actual first mythic. 

I was thinking of uses for him. I do know that he makes others stronger and with his casting cost he would be perfect for a deck that has early creatures that can be beefed up with this counters. And what deck would that be? Well the one that has a lot of cats in it. Arahbo.

Putting down 1/1's in the beginning that can turn up to be huge. Since Arahbo has a creature based deck that may suffer from a shortage from time to time(when you can't draw into them) this Ajani would be perfect to reanimate Ajani , Pridemates from the graveyard or even a Leonin Arbiter ,to annoy other players who can't search libraries without paying an additional 2 colorless mana. 

The 3 1/1's kitty tokens from this Ajani's emblem is no joke either. I suddenly thought of Divine visitation and how you turn cats to angels as they came into existence. 3 4/4 Angels. Sounds pretty exciting. Time to brew.

No comments:

Post a Comment