Friday, September 27, 2019

"Midweek Magic 2019 #25 - Back to My Phyrexian Assaulter ways!"


"Midweek Magic 2019 #25 - Back to My Phyrexian Assaulter ways!"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

It has been awhile since I poisoned someone. I meant it has been awhile since I put infect counters on someone and watch them slowly succumb to the fear that all Phyrexians invoke in its victims.

There is no greater feeling that knowing when an opponent can simply not oppose what you are going to do because you have overwhelmed them completely and it harkens back to my early days when I was simply a Phyrexian Assaulter rather than the Phyrexian Plaguelord that people acknowledge me for. 

The star was simply the Spine Biter who thanks to a Karametra's acolyte and tons of creatures in play was able to give me enough mana to make it an 18/18 infect creature thanks to the spell thrive.

It ended up with choosing between dying to the 18/18 creature or dying to the other huge creatures. I did tell my opponent however that blocking was futile. I showed him the Spinebiter.


It could assign damage as if it wasn't blocked.Making it a phyrexian version of the Rhox. Scooping up was now in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment