Friday, August 30, 2019

"The One's with the Red hats"


"The One's with the Red hats"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD


"I saw you once. The only chance that I got to see you and talk to you."

"When was this?" V asked as he held on to the still naked Jinyo. 

"It was during a book signing.I think it was at a little Cafe bookstore in Gangnam. I managed to bribe my manager into bringing me there. You are an expensive person to meet."

"A little Cafe? Hmmmm. I only did a few of those. You don't mean the Dragon Brew right?"

"Is that the one with the cute dragon Barista logo?"

"That's the one."

"I was there.And I even got to ask you a question in the packed place. It seemed like I was not the only one interested in Hush. I was part of hundreds but I asked you anyway."

"Did you write your book for anyone in particular?" That was how you asked it right?"

"You remembered?"

"Well I actually got asked that a lot but never by a woman who refused to take off her mask and some strands of blond hair escaping from the red beret that she thought would hide all of that waist long hair."

Jinyo laughed. "So you remembered me?"

"I remember feeling odd when you looked at me.And this is after the fact that I have been asked that very same question hundreds of times. Did you remember my answer?"

"That you did write it for someone but it might be impossible for that person to actually read it."

"And your answer was , if she is not dead there is still that possibility that she could have read your message."

"The crowd laughed at that. I think they were curious that you might actually know me. You seemed to be so calm."

"Well I was not."

"I looked for you after wards but you disappeared."

"Practice/Promotions/Prior Engagement. Take your pick. I was lucky that I got to go at all."

"You were the girl in the red beret."

"I was."

"Since you told me this I have a confession. It was not the last time that we talked."

"Really?" 

"Yes. I got to attend a fan sign of yours.In Japan."

"We did a lot of those even up to the very end."

"This was the first time you got into Shibuya Records though."

"You were there? You were actually there?"

"I was. Though I was sick at the time. I also had a mask on. I looked like everyone else who was there to see you."

"What were you doing in Shibuya?"

"I was meeting a friend who owed me several volumes of Manga."

"And you didn't just have that shipped to you?"

"Thank goodness I didn't. I was putting them away in my car when I saw all the frenzy that was surrounding you guys.At first I didn't know which group it was exactly they were so many people but when I saw "Oh My Doll" I knew that I had to go.I had to call my agent to get me in. And that was not easy. Good thing she knew the manager from Shibuya Records and I was able to slip in. You too were expensive to see."

Jinyo laughed at V's revenge. 

"I am happy to know that you were there. I think I messed up a lot that day. We have not had any decent sleep and there was a part where they wanted me to sing live. My voice was so raw at that point. I don't know how people would react."

"Are you kidding? I loved you there. You were honest. You sang your song and it seemed time stopped and I was able to see you but I doubt if you ever saw me. Or maybe you did. What was the strangest thing someone had you sign in that event if you remember?"

"Welll....hmmmm pretty normal stuff. There is this one guy though. He had me sign a Manga called the Dragon's bride instead of our album. I found it odd since fans normally would be carrying tons of things for us to sign or even touch if you would believe that."

"I believe it.And what do you remember about this guy who let you sign that manga?"

"He wore a mask. He had a red cap on."

V stood and went to rummage among his things. Jinyo noticed that he only had a few bags but there was a heavy duty one that he never seemed to open. 

V handed her a manga that was sealed in clear plastic and there in the middle where she had signed. "Get well soon and stay healthy."

Jinyo looked at V and kissed him. Here they were chasing each other and finally were together.

No comments:

Post a Comment