Friday, August 30, 2019

"3 things I have seen this week: Names on the rise"


"3 things I have seen this week: Names on the rise"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

Every week I run into some of the most interesting names in my practice. Normally I don't notice them until I am already logging them at the end of the day. And then I smile.

For this week I have these 3.

1) Lovely Sunshine

I am not sure if this persons parent/parents named her after the first thing they saw after she was born. So I assume she was born in some mountain somewhere and not in a hospital , no Lovely Sunshine there. Otherwise she might been named Masungit na OB or Maskuladong Orderly.

2) Alexka

I am sure that this is a version of Alicia or Alexa. So I guess they made a list.Alexmo.Alexyun.Alexsiya. Ahhh! Alexka!
Ikaw na. Alexka nga.


3) Mary Rise 

If she was named after a hill or sea land mass I am not really sure. Her parents might have predicted that she would be not so easily roused in the morning? Or it might be a declaration for her to succeed. Rise Mary Rise. It is a good thing that her parents cared. It might have gone the other way and turned into Mary Fall.

And I am looking forward to the exotic names next week. It doesn't seem to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment