Tuesday, July 30, 2019

"Midweek Magic 2019 #19 - Still Traumatizing"


"Midweek Magic 2019 #19 - Still Traumatizing"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

Nothing is quite annoying as a 2 card combo that ends you quite quickly. In today's battle with Janry Dimaano I found myself facing a Phenax EDH deck that had a lot of different win conditions up it's sleeves.

One such condition was an enchantment and a sorcery that has been plaguing me since my days of early magic. Fraying Sanity states that an opponent would mill the same amount of cards that went to that opponents graveyard this turn. And normally that would be 1 or 2 cards. Of course if you combine it with a powerful card this has the ability to empty out an opponents library. And that card is Traumatize. It has been traumatizing me since the days that I decided to fight a Blue/White Mill control deck with Mono Red Goblins.


This particular night I saw the same thing. I emptied half of my library and thanks to Fraying Sanity followed it up with the other half. And on my would be next turn I would be drawing nothing but air. Wonderful.And my favorite line of the night? "Sorry Doc , Nabunot ko eh..."

On to the next game.

No comments:

Post a Comment