Monday, July 1, 2019

"Kykar , Wind's Fury: Let's give him some metal."


"Kykar , Wind's Fury: Let's give him some metal."
by:
Virgilio F De leon Jr.MD

Kykar is a big bird. There I said it.

With that out of the way it took me awhile to shake the cobwebs from my eyes after a short nap to realized how I can use this latest Jeskai Commander to land me a win. At 4 mana and 3 different colors Kykar, Wind's Fury could be a bird commander but that would mean not exploiting all of it's wonderful abilities.

So as a 3/3 flyer Kykar is one of thos squishy type of creatures that is within the range of a lightning bolt but then again he has both white and blue in his colors which has an arsenal of counters at it's disposal. So how do I plan to win with this guy? I plan to make an artifact affinity deck around him.



And it would all go so sweetly when I am able to play a Future Sight and Sensei's Divining top allowing me to look at my library and casting low costing artifacts from it. For each non creature card that I cast it triggers Kykars ability and I get to put a 1/1 spirit token with flying into play. If I cannot cast the said artifact or hit a land I will just draw that land and put the Top on the library and then cast it to continue. At this point an Impact Tremors or Phorphoros god of the forge can win it for me for each of those arriving 1/1 spirits.

I can probably draw a Blinkmoth Infusion , who has affinity and return all artifact cards in my hands and then recast them netting more spirits.


I can then patient just cast spells till I have enough spirits or draw the lone fireball or other X damage card in my deck to finish my opponents. Imagine sacrificing all those 1/1 spirits for that massive fireball. Beautiful.

Yup. Kykar is a big bird and I might not even swing it on anyone to win. He just needs to stand there to get the job done.


No comments:

Post a Comment