Wednesday, July 3, 2019

"3 things I have seen this week: Luck Day"


"3 things I have seen this week: Luck Day"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

There are times when you feel that the universe is somehow conspiring to give you the worst possible day and then there are days like today that seem like that the fates seems to put all of your luck in one basket. Here are three things that I have seen today that made it such a fine day.

1) The Car

Normally when I arrive at my clinic in Eton Centris there would be a wait for cars to exit the parking lot and the guards would have to ask you to move so as not to clog up the 3 lane avenue facing Cyberpod 2. This was not one of those nights. I was surprised that when I was pulling up to my favorite parking spot( the one behind the ambulance and directly in front of Cyberpod two) the car that was parked their hurriedly backed up and left. And me. I got the best parking spot without a fuss.


2) The thing on the road

So I was able to park quite easily. And when I moved to the passenger side of my car to get my things there was something on the pavement. It looked familiar. It was violet. It was a 100 peso bill! And I assumed that it might have belonged to the owner of the car that had just vacated this slot. Well I don't know how in the earth I can contact them soooooo....I have a 100 pesos to add to what I would call my lucky stash.

3) The Korean Store

It has been nearly 3 months and I have not been able to cook my wife's favorite jajangmyeon and before eating my dinner I decided to try my luck.It was a lucky day after all and so when I came in to the korean store the Ate was happy to see me. I asked , "Meron na ba?" 
The Ate said , "Meron na sir!"
And just like that I took out all 11 pieces of the jajangmyeon from Paldo. 3 freaking months and I just come in one day and it was there! Freaky.


No comments:

Post a Comment