Friday, May 10, 2019

"Midweek Magic 2019 #16 - Chai Times battles #1 - The Boros Build up"

"Yeba lang ng Yeba"

"Midweek Magic 2019 #16 - Chai Times battles #1 - The Boros Build up"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

As much as I want it be a weekly thing conflicting schedules really in the way but this week Mark and Mau were able to play in Cha time and among the games that we played that night my most favorite was when I was able to use Aurelia the War leader once again.

I was up against Darigaaz the reborn for Mark and Wort , Brood mother for Mau. A turn 3 Legion War boss became all the difference as both of my opponents were not able to come up with a good defence and I was creating Goblins every attack step. The succeeding ones were getting a permanent +1/+1 because of the Legion War bosses Mentor mechanic. 

Things became progressively worse when I was able to play an Odric , Master Tactician in which case I can now choose which creatures block or not.

"Odric Paulate...Ghost Employee not included."


And the worst part was when Aurelia herself came into play. About this time I was creating 2 1/1 Goblins per turn that were Mentored and Unblockable. I was able to reduce Marks life down to 7 and on a second attack Mau's life down to 5.

Mark then cast a Doom Cloud for 7 on this. It was a good thing that I had Aurelia already out and 7 other creatures to sacrifice. Mau even helped by targeting Mark with a Perilous Myr for 2 damage. My Boros Angel then swooped in on my turn for it's first attack and then on the 2nd attack finished off Mau as well. Talk about Bloodthirsty.

And that was my last successful game of the night and the only game of the Boros Legion. It did not spell fun to win that easy but it felt a little good on the inside that the concepts worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment