Thursday, March 21, 2019

"Midweek Magic 2019 #11 - Nikya of the Old ways:A History of Gruulness"


"Midweek Magic 2019 #11 - Nikya of the Old ways:A History of Gruulness"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

It is always a pleasure to play with my brother from another mother Mark Abude and this one session we had he would again showcase a deck that I have wanted to do. And this one had Nikya of the old ways as commander. It didn't surprise me much as Mark has show an affinity to centaurs(He used to have Stonebrow deck) , Gruul colors and very bad beatdown decks. As in you feel bad that you were beaten down. Hahahahhaha

His old Omnath deck would be the basis for my own Omnath deck. And from there I would make my other Gruul decks such as the Radha  Land D deck , Xenagos Pump Aggro deck. I was hoping to beat him to the punch in developing a Nikya of the old ways deck but he beat me to it again and he beat me with the deck.

I am still in the process of making my own Nikya deck now that I already have 2 of these legendary creatures. It might improve some of my existing Gruul decks that are always on top of my Aggro rankings.

And now on to more deck development. 

No comments:

Post a Comment