Friday, March 29, 2019

"Changing his mind"


"Changing his mind"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

V stood in the middle of the crowd and he could not help but think about these humans that were racing past him. To school , to work , to their deaths. All sped on without knowing that their lives sooner or later would not matter in the greater scheme of things.

He entered the convenience store and wanted to choose a drink. For some reason the door of the shelves holding the drinks seemed really massive today. He had his choice from Alcoholic beverages to Coffee. From Children's drinks to drinks from other countries that he had not tried before. He wanted to reach out but found that making a choice seemed overwhelming. He stood there for a minute until a polite voice asked him to move.

"Oh.I'm sorry. I was wondering what to get today."

The owner of the light voice smiled. It depends on what kind of day you are having I guess. Is it a good or bad one? Or both or none?"

"A little of the 4." V said amused that this person who didn't even know him was able to ask those in quick succession.

"Well. I have the thing just for that." 

And V watched as the girl took out 2 Banana Milks and handed one to him. 

"It might not lighten your mood but this usually does the trick for me when I am in the same space."

V took the Banana Milk and thanked the girl who turned around to go to the counter.

"Don't bother paying. I got this one. But if you want to pay me back I can be here tomorrow again. Same time."

"Uh...Ok then. I promise to choose something for you tomorrow then. Thanks."

"It is ok. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day for you. I better go on ahead or I'll be late."

"Wait. I didn't get your name."

"Maybe if you aren't spacing out tomorrow I'd give it to you. Till then. See ya."

V was left in the store looking at the Banana Milk in his hand. Maybe Someone can make decisions that leave lasting marks after all. He took a sip of the drink and looked forward to being here tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment