Thursday, March 21, 2019

"3 things I have seen this week March 2019:Eksenang Hemo dialysis"



"3 things I have seen this week March 2019:Eksenang Hemo dialysis"
by
Virgilio F.De leon Jr.MD

There are things in life that inspire you and give you moment to pause and though there are many stories about heart ache in the hospital system in our country I am happy to see these 3 scenes as I am on duty. Stories of love and sadness that surpass adversity and even one that wells with more sadness.

1) The Teacher
- Has 2 kids who wait for her after school. Their routine on certain times of the week is to be with her as she undergoes her dialysis. And you can see them sitting with each other . Waiting patiently and they excitedly go to her when her 4 hour cycle is almost done.

2) The lovers.
- It is hard to be young and to know that you would have to undergo dialysis for the rest of your life. I have a 25 year old patient who has cramps from time to time and I think one of the times she feels better is when her boyfriend comes in and massages her legs during these times. Sometimes things suck but it is sucks less when you have someone to massage your cramping feet.

3) The Old man
One of the things that I notice is an old man who seems to come in on his own at times.He usually is seated with the machine that is farthest from everyone. He seems to have no children or even a significant other to assist him in this time and it makes me sad that he has reached this old age. He fights to be alive but in an existence that I do not wish on myself. Hoowell. I don't like ending in sad notes but that guy just affects me.

(My last duty I saw the guys wife stand by him. I just didn't think she was his wife.So he was not alone.And that makes me glad."

No comments:

Post a Comment