Thursday, February 28, 2019

"Itzy: Dalla Dalla MV Reaction - Different but the Same"



"Itzy: Dalla Dalla MV Reaction - Different but the Same"
by:
The Vole

There was much buzz about JYP and his new girl group Itzy. I knew about Ryujin from Mixnine and Chaeryoung who is sister to Chaeyeon of Izone/WM. 

The groups leader Yeji took me by surprise the most. Ever since her first slide on the MV she has slid to my heart like a dagger and stayed there. 

Lia and the Maknae Yuna quickly gained popularity as well. And why shouldn't they right?

Before I go on any further. Dalla means different as much as they song tries to say that they are different Itzy still follows more or less the formula of Kpop girl groups. All probably for the exception that they are all Visuals.

Speaking of Visuals , we all love how they look because they appear to be younger versions of other idols that we probably also considered our biases at one point or another. Chaeryoung looks like her sister. If you loved her sister there is no doubt you would love her too. Yuna looks like a younger Kyulkyung. And my dear Yeji looks like a younger Solbin. Ryunjin in my opinion stands out as the most unique here. Lia , I can't put a name as to who she looks like but I have seen her before as well.

On to the MV. I listened to the beat of this song and it is addictive. My initial complaint is that they seem to have chosen a key and just had everyone sing in that key without noticing the variations. I was surprised at Chaeryoungs rap parts expecting that it was Ryujin who would do this. 

The dance moves were sharp here as well but there was a lot of awkward moves that did not seem graceful at all. All in all as much as Itzy says they are different they are still the same. And in that regard I don't think that it is bad at all. With their first Music show win in just 9 days after debuting they at least proved that they are the first in their category. Winners from the start.

No comments:

Post a Comment