Thursday, January 31, 2019

"Midweek Magic #1 2019 - Shirei Vs. Varina: The Thrumming Apostles!"

"Midweek Magic #1 2019 - Shirei Vs. Varina: The Thrumming Apostles!"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

It was the 2nd week of the month and yet due to the busy schedules of players in my playgroup at Eton Centris there have been no games.

Until Finally Jus Puntay was able to come up and fight with my now improved Shirei AKA Kulto ni Hunyo EDH deck with his Varina Esper Zombies deck that was untouched during the holidays.

I was eager to battle test the deck which now had more sacrifice outlets for the Shadowborne Apostles that were pretty much willing to die for my cause and come back with Shirei in play.

Our first game was a slow one as both of us was unable to draw sufficient lands but in this scenario the early scrying from Viscera Seer was able to let me dig deeper into my deck even if Jus was able to board wipe all of my creatures with a Fumigate in the late game.

I was able to draw an Extraplanar lens and able to ramp enough mana to be able to cast a tutor for 3 cards. I played a Swamp , Thrumming Stone and the lone Shadowborne Apostle that I fetched triggering the stone until I was able to get 12 Apostles out and with the 2 mana from the Swamp I just played was able to plop a Rune Scarred Demon and Razaketh , the latter I was able to equip with a Lightning Greaves in play and so began my attacks.

Since Shirei was already in play all 12 of my Apostles came back on the battlefield and with the threat of more demons to come Jus had conceded the game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment