Thursday, January 31, 2019

"Free"

"Free"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

I
The world continually pushes and pulls
And I stand here moored
The waves around me ebb and flow
and I am here standing unmoved

II
Storms keep on brewing on the horizon
And peaks that are willing to be conquered
Depths not giving up their long held secrets
And Shadows moving where light lingered

III
The ship sways to and fro,
 I stand and I hold on
Afraid of the dark waters
Afraid of the thunderous storm

IV
Yet somehow I find the courage
Looking at the peaks , the depths
Staring at the distant lightning
I whisper to the lingering shadows

V
My life is finally mine
And fear of the future will not slow me
The past may try and say things
I am stepping on the waters.

Shaw 500 Centrum ,Mandaluyong City , Jan 25 2019 , 11:12am 

No comments:

Post a Comment