Thursday, December 27, 2018

"The Bullied Bully"


"The Bullied Bully"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

One of the most talked about videos at the end of this year is about the boy who bullied another classmate by asking the now infamous line , "Bugbog o dignidad." 

The taller but a bit shy boy was then repeatedly hit in the face and kicked by the much smaller boy who had been trained in the martial arts. It was latter reported that the taller boy had sustained injuries to his nose that he had kept secret from his parents until the viral video came out.

Many have condemned this little boys actions and that is what he really is , a young by full of himself and needing to exert some sort of power or dominance over others. 

As a parent I am not happy with this scenario , especially if I will be sending my child to that expensive school. Bullying should not be tolerated may it be verbally or physically. I take comfort in the fact that I have a daughter who is both strong physically and emotionally. Capable of handling situations on her own but I will draw the line if someone touches her. I will draw the line if someone hits her out of malice or sport as is in that video. This is something that may make a criminal out of me.I am Doctor , I know my anatomy well. I know where it will hurt and not show. Or maybe I would want it to show? 

This boy has been cursed and condemned and all sorts of challenges have been brought forth. There are those who want to beat him to a pulp or those who want to make him into some sort of key chain. I know that he may meet his match soon , someone who might bloody him or cause him to be a bit more humble. I hope that it does not come to that. I hope that he realizes what he is becoming all by himself. It is not bad to place such hopes.

Interestingly everyone who has seen this video has been turning into bullies themselves. There is a difference in being concerned versus actively harassing this boy and maligning his entire family who may also be having a hard time dealing with him. Let us save the judgment for judgment day. I think it would suffice to just report the guy and vent your anger but to seek this boy and his family for vengeance? You have better uses of your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment