Monday, October 29, 2018

"Team Virulence Mini Reunion Sealed Games"


"Team Virulence Mini Reunion Sealed Games"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

While I was arranging my schedule to play Sealed with my old Team  , my wife suggested that we just rent a room at our favorite Staycation place , The Crowne Plaza in Ortigas. So we rented a suite so that she could relax at one end and my friends and I could play at the big living area.

From the first pack I opened I already knew what guild I would be playing. I would be playing Boros all the way with the Sacred Foundry that I opened. It was my first Sacred Foundry and I was excited to put it to good use. It seemed that Mau , Mark and Nolan all had better pulls than me. A foil Overgrown Tomb for Mau , An Assasins trophy for Nolan , And multiple Dimir Legendary cards for Mark. 

On the other hand I received my 3rd Legion Warboss and decided to play with the good support cards for the white/red guild.

Game 1
The first match up was with my brother from another mother Mark Abude. As I expected Mark was playing with a Dimir Deck that had really good Mid game creatures. I had early land problems and would drop my first game.

However during the next two games Mentor and the Legion Warboss would shine through for the first win of the night.

Game 2 
It has been awhile since I was able to play Sealed with Nolan , probably the most focused and most technical among Team Virulence he went with Jeskai colors of Red , White and Blue.
His Mass removal spell of Citywide Bust being a topic of a joke.

I guess he was still getting used to Sealed while this was something that I enjoyed doing. Building decks from scratch on the spot.

It was Mentor that sweeped in all the way , overwhelming him with so much creatures even if he was able to pull off an early board wipe.

Game 3 
Mau has been a great friend and I almost felt sorry for trampling all over him with my Boros deck especially when I was able to take care of any creature that landed on his side of the battlefield.

And it was official. Boros all the way with a 3-0 win loss record. My 2nd straight Winning Sealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment