Monday, October 29, 2018

"Midweek Magic 2018 #39:Assassinating Prossh"



"Midweek Magic 2018 #39:Assassinating Prossh"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

It was the last day of playtime and it was a 3 way battle between Pao's almost unbeatable Prossh , Janry's versatile Muldrotha and my own pet deck of the moment Sai , Master Thopterist.

The game was progressing as normal and Janry was able to cast Vraska. It seemed that Pao was getting greedy as he did not cast a single creature and he was casting his multiplier Enchantments in Parallel lives and then Primal Vigor. It would have been raining Kobolds once Prossh came out.

However Janry was piling on the loyalty counters on his Vraska and when it was my turn I had though about attacking Vraska since I already had unblockable Thopters at my disposal but something stopped me. I realized that even I had not been able use my own Vraskas ultimate ability as I have always utilized her to destroy things in the past. This was Janrys chance and by extension a chance to see the assassins of Vraska in action. And so I created more Thopters and passed the turn. 

Pao still had no creatures and passed the turn. Janry was able to use Vraska ultimate and cast a Lightning Greaves. Pao was literally assassinated. I had to clap at the win.

When it came to my turn I noticed that Janry did not have a Rogues Passage or Whispersilk Cloak which surely would have been my end. I made sure to suggest it to him. Because of this delay I was able to combo out by Skull Clamping and Paradox Engining to my win conditions. I draw , I play . I clamp , I draw and with seemingly endless mana was able to combo out in a several possible ways.

The most satisfying part of this game was still having the assassins connect and essentially taking out the Mighty Prossh.

No comments:

Post a Comment