Friday, September 14, 2018

"LoonA YYxY : Love4eva MV Reaction: Sad Sad Olivia Hye"


"LoonA YYxY : Love4eva MV Reaction: Sad Sad Olivia Hye"
by:
The Vole

I must admit that after Yves Debuted I kind of lost interest with the last 3 members of LoonA. I was undergoing a personal tragedy and stuck to my favorites like all the members of Odd Eye Circle.

Now that LoonA has debuted as a whole group I have been doing some back tracking and have found Gowon and Olivia Hye to be really good. Chuu and her debut was cool but still not enough for me. I think they underused her vocals there but enough of the other members. I want to focus on Love4eva for a bit as this particular MV also relates to things that I noticed in Egoist and Hi High.

So the MV for Love4eva is set in a European boarding school. It starts and ends with scenes of Olivia Hye in a forest looking for the other 3 girls of her sub unit.



This is actually a love song and a quite funny one since there is a mention of "Even my kidneys are pounding." You probably heard of chests pounding so hard but Kidneys? yeah. That surely is a strong feeling.

The MV features all 4 girls being tutored and disciplined by a lone teacher. Scenes where Yves is scolded and them lining up for inspection for example. At first it seems like the 3 other girls (Yves , Chuu and Gowon) are ostracizing Olivia Hye.They do not invite her to join or stop talking when she is around.

There are scenes where they dance in front of their tutor and in the end you realize how sad Olivia Hye really is here as it is revealed she created the other girls in her own mind to be her companions in this lonely place. A coping mechanism. So when you see the 3 others running away from the place and not even calling her to join them the reason is simple. She is them and they are her. She wishes to escape but cannot and so she lets her own thoughts run.



This ties in to Egoist. Where there is a part where Olivia Hye hugs herself to sleep with a mirror image of herself! She got better at creating other girls in her mind and made 3 others in this MV. 

This also ties into Hi High and explains the presence of Jinsoul in the Egoist MV. You see Jinsoul and the other members of the Odd Eye Circle transport the sad Olivia Hye to the other girls. This completes her and you can see that utter joy when she smiles at Yves for the first time in the Hi High MV.

I hope my fellow Orbits See's this particular theory of mine.I really like how all of these videos fit.

On my last notes here I would like to point out that there is only one scene where you see apples. Around 2:40 of the MV. And Olivia is all alone , not even eating one. This is in sharp contrast to the abundance of apples in the last 4 MVs of this sub unit.


Also. I do find the delicate biting of Roses in this MV quite sexy. I have an idea of what it is trying to imply but since I heard that I have some very young audiences I am going to make this reaction PG13. 

So I guess this is it for now. There are still a lot of things to see and a lot of things talk about with regards to LoonA in the future. Let's root for their first win.

No comments:

Post a Comment