Monday, August 27, 2018

"The Creation and Death Dragon"


"The Creation and Death Dragon"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

The Classroom was bright as the sun shone through the white curtains. There sitting on a desk was a girl with long brown hair reaching up to her curvy waist. He green pleated skirt folded a little a she looked at the man who entered the room and her face was framed by the light all around her.

"I have been waiting." She said as she smiled. " I was wondering how long it would take for you to figure out that I was here."

V scratched his head. He knew who exactly she was but could not exactly warn of everyone else in the school. This was Jisun , Princess of the Death Dragons , the same age as him. A fellow Ascendant to the Dragon Throne. While each dragon inherently carried danger for humans , Decay Dragons were unique in the sense that their mere presence can cause it. 

Jisun and her sleepy eyes looked at V. "No one is in danger here. I can contain the Radius if you are wondering."

"I have no doubt that you have mastered that since we last saw each other in Busan."

"That whole mess could have been avoided if you were willing to let go of me you know."

"Then what kind of dragon would I be letting you die needlessly?"

"Still holding on to that Utopian dream are we?" With this the smile on her face faded into something more sad. "When will you realize that we all have roles to play in the existence of this world. Some are meant to die for it and some are meant to live in their place."

"I thought I explained it better to you. I no longer desire any one's life for my Ascension. Not your life. Not YuuA's."

"So that is her name. YuuA from Oh My Dolls. I don't really understand this change. You are destined for this and yet you resist. Even the offer of a princess of her life."

"I want all of you to live your lives to the fullest. Not as a means for me. Not as a tool or a stepping stone. Your thoughts , your memories , your future. All of those belong to you and not some Dragon tradition that tells you otherwise."

"And what if we willingly give ourselves for you because we recognize the good in our sacrifice. You see even that human gets it. She has offered her orb on many occasions has she not? With that you could ascend. With my life you could ascend as well. All you need to do is choose."

"And my choice are none of those." V turned to face the door. Jisun grabbed his hand. Even among dragons Jisun was considered one of the strongest. Her human form may look cuddly but the strength that held V in place was unquestionable.

"You will have to choose at some point or another."

"I already have.Enjoy your lunch."

"Huh?"

And as V pulled away Jisun was left with a bento box that had little dragon shapes chasing each other. A playful reference to when they battled in the skies over Busan.

"How can I eat something so cute?"

"You'd figure out a way or you'll starve in your human form." V was out the door before Jisun could answer.

She would have to figure out a way to get closer to him. She knew just the thing but that can wait after lunch as the rumbling in her stomach interrupted her scheming.

No comments:

Post a Comment