Monday, August 27, 2018

"Midweek Magic 2018 #33:Enjoying Daretti , Finally"


"Midweek Magic 2018 #33:Enjoying Daretti , Finally"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

Before I bought my Commander  Anthology 2018  Daretti I was able to purchase a non-foil one that I have been trying to complete for some time now. When I finally got around to it I ended up with 2 Daretti decks and while I found both decks exciting to play with I found that I was leaning toward the deck that I build from scratch myself.

In this particular game I was against Janry and Jus for a three EDH match that surprised even me. Jus was in a good mood because he wanted to do all of the combos on his new deck. And Janry was controlling with His Horobi deck threatening the existence of any creature on the battlefield.

Unfortunately one of the things that keep on recurring from my graveyard was Darksteel forge that made all of my artifact creatures Indestructible. I had it in my opening hand and as soon as I have activated Daretti's first ability it was the first to go to the graveyard.

It would be taken cared off at least 4 times in this game but it really did spell the difference in the long run as I was able to keep on the battlefield with all of my creatures such as 3/3 golems from Hammer of Purphorus and the Metalwork Colossus that just did not know when to quit.

It was my only win for the night but I really savored it and was happy with my initial Daretti investment.

No comments:

Post a Comment