Friday, August 17, 2018

"Midweek Magic 2018 #32 : Behold I have become the Threat"


"Midweek Magic 2018 #32 : Behold I have become the Threat"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

I actually wrote my Midweek Magic pieces in a span of days and this is actually from one epic game. The same one where my Beacon of Tomorrows was canceled. I have complained that I was not the threat because I was not doing anything and I was just allowing everything else to happen around me because I had a plan.

At the end of the table Ram was calmly piling up Loyalty counters on good old Liliana Vess and silently counting all the creatures on everyone's graveyards. Lili was now up to 8 and after patiently waiting for what seemed like an eternity , it also got worse that I was still fuming. I finally got to land Dragonlord Silumgar that was somehow not countered.

I suspect Ram had a counter but he did not do anything and so I was able to grab Liliana Vess from his control and I was the one who was able to use the ultimate netting me 23 creatures from all of my opponents along with their enters the battlefield abilities. And it was a great thing that I did not have haste for these creatures or I would have taken down 2 opponents at once.


It did give me the chance to say , "Ayan ako na talaga yung threat." And I could die happy in this game. Of course people will still have to bleed for the victory. At least now people knew I was always the threat. And as pissed off as I was with the earlier counter it proved right that she had to do it.

Sigh. Proven right by my own deck.Right to be a threat. Right to be countered and not allowed that extra turn. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment