Friday, July 20, 2018

"Bolas Won't Let Me Quit."


"Bolas Won't Let Me Quit."
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

It is no secret to some of my closest friends that I have been feeling a bit saturated with Magic lately. I have been actively advising others on how to make their own decks but I have not made a deck of my on in the past few weeks.

Granted that I recently acquired a Daretti from my good friend Mark as well as my attempts to edit my Marath deck to no apparent success.

Despite getting a lot of killer cards and great deals on cards that I wanted I feel a little bit saturated. So much so that I was considering taking a break from Magic after our planned Draft or Sealed Tournament on Thursday.

The big question was how I can take a break from Magic when I have been playing it consistently during the midweek. I had no answer to myself as well.

When Thursday rolled around everyone was excited to open their packs of Magic 19 or Core 19. I was hoping to get a Crucible of Worlds but I was greeted back by an old friend.
None other than Nicol Bolas himself who had come in the form of Nicol Bolas , The Ravager. 

To add an extra layer of fun , all 6 players involved in the Sealed tournament rolled a die and got to pick off packs in a bag. The packs were already jumbled in that big bag and well the die rolling even added a whole new dimension of randomness.



When we got all 6 packs we all ripped through it. And in my first pack Lo and Behold , Nicol  Bolas appeared. As if to say to me , What the hell were thinking of taking a break? Now that you have me you need to make a deck around me.

And build it I did. I decided to play Grixis and was happy that I had enough cards to support Nicol Bolas. I would win 2 rounds before we all ran out of time and now the dragon seems to whisper. "Build my deck."

I'm on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment