Sunday, July 29, 2018

"3 things I have seen this week - Speakers"


"3 things I have seen this week - Speakers"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

Post Graduate courses , Conventions , Seminars , Webinars , Round table discussions , Scientific symposiums.In the world of Medicine these are all parts of the doctors continuing education. And of course if you have lessons to impart then you need to have speakers who could spread this message. Some are more effective than others and some , well they speak. They just speak. Here are 3 that I have seen this week.

1) Mr. "I hate flow charts". 

He begins with his lectures with , "You know guys , I hate flow charts." The proceeds to bore you to death with his lectures that consist of 95% flow charts. He explains these flow charts with the enthusiasm of a mad man who is about to achieve a breakthrough. Only the breakthrough is that he has found more ways to make us go to sleep or force us to act more interested than we really do. At least he has enthusiasm for what he does.

2) Mr. "Ahuh-A lot"

I would be(ahuh) speaking about (ahuh) and how to treat (ahuh) in the setting of (ahuh). Thank you(ahuh) and let us begin(ahuh).

In my rating of him I wrote. "Less Ahuh. More learning."

3) Mr. Sleepy

So it was 3 in the afternoon(as you can see I was writing this then) and all of the attendees were slowly digesting their food(me included and it was much slower than the others). Some were barely holding on to their consciousness and some have already slipped into a slight coma from over feeding.This was the time that the next speaker spoke to the mic in his best Eeyore voice.

"Uh guys. I know this is an unholy hour but I will try to keep my lecture short and sweet."

I was already closing my eyes and then I was mildly surprised that even if he talked like Eeyore his was like that of the Manic Tigger!. That woke me a bit.

And since I still don't have enough CPD points. I am off to the next one and hopefully get to meet some more interesting speakers.

No comments:

Post a Comment