Friday, May 25, 2018

"Midweek Magic 2018 #16: Jarad secures his place in my Pantheon"


"Midweek Magic 2018 #16: Jarad secures his place in my Pantheon"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

It was the first group games of April and it was nice to have Cheska back from Japan and Yo from his Mckinley tours. Janry and Jus were also in the mix and it was Jarad at the head of the Archenemy table with me piloting him.

All was going well actually and I was showing some really great luck in the Archenemy draws that I was able to put a Liliana Vess into play and get the cards that I wanted into my hands and into my graveyard. The first game ended with a combo win and some of the control players in the group were tapped out.

Cheska looked at me and asked. "Tapos na Doc?"
Janry didn't want me to explain and I was even chided by Cheska if it would take to long to explain. Overall I felt like my decision making skills were much improved this time around.

I managed to(with the permission of everyone to make a "Sands of time move") to put a Necrotic Ooze on the battlefield with Triskelion and and Phyrexian Devourer already in my graveyard and I pinged everyone to death.

The 2nd game was also a close call and I felt that I would be able to eke out a win even if Janry was controlling me most of the game and Jus was also pressuring with a mechanized production win and 9 treasure tokens already on the battlefield. 

I reanimated Razaketh and looked for an Acidic slime which promptly got countered by Janry who was playing a blue black Ninjutsu deck. After being tapped out I then reanimated Acidic slime to destroy the Mechanized Production. I breathed a sigh of relief but my demise was something worse. It was at the hand of a Manticore from Amonkhet.

Jus who at this point attacked a Lannery storm had 10 treasures which he sacrificed to make the red pirate a 12/2 , dying to the Manticore and dealing damage to me. The Manticore was sacrificed and then Embalmed dealing another set of damage. Much to everyone's relief and my eventual demise. It was the constant pressure and the fact that everyone in the group was engaged that made me happy.Jarad has made his presence felt.Time to move on to the next project. Another member to my Jupon Katana.

No comments:

Post a Comment