Monday, February 12, 2018

"Midweek Magic Jan 2018 #6:Kiki Jiki Rampage!"


"Midweek Magic Jan 2018 #6:Kiki Jiki Rampage!"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

Thursday is usually our big group EDH gathering in Eton Centris. I did not really want to write about last weeks games since I suffered through it all! Ram and the other missed bullying me so much that like an 8th seed in an NBA playoff I was eliminated early and had to watch in the sidelines.

This thursday was different though and I was able to pull off a combo that I have been itching to try for years. Our game for this week was Double Archenemy. Ram and Cheska played our Archenemys and we had to defeat them both at once because if we only eliminate one the other Archenemy wins. 

Our team consisted of Yo and his Pussies , Jethro and Mimeoplasm , Me and Omnath , Locus of Rage and Vince who controlled Vela the Nightclad.



The game was closing. We had Ram and Cheska by the throat , we declared attackers and I think he cast Blunt the Assault. It was frustrating but I also remembered that the deck he was using was meant to wear you down with things like that.

Well I was not going to let that thing wear me down. On our turn I cast Mina and Denn Wildborn , sacrificed it to my Birthing Pod and plopped down my Foil Kiki-Jiki who looked at the Zealous Conscripts I already had on the battlefield and I declared that the game was over. 

I demonstrated how I would make 2 million tokens and attack for lethal. There is no way in hell that they would be able to block it as Ram had no cards in hand and Cheska tapped all her Islands. 

It was all in the timing though and if I waited one more turn Ram would have had his hand on this.I would have control of the most number of tokens in our EDH history at 2 Million. 


And Ram would have had 4 million life! Probably the most any one in our EDH games would have as well. Close.

No comments:

Post a Comment