Monday, February 5, 2018

"Hadana's Climb: Up the steps Vorel goes!"


"Hadana's Climb: Up the steps Vorel goes!"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

I was able to catch up with Vorel of the Hullclade before he boarded a Pirate Schooner going to Orazca. It seemed like everyone and their guildmate wants to go there to get their hands on the Immortal Sun which we know is probably already smuggled off plane somewhere for one of those Nefarious contraptions that only elder dragons could understand.

Anyway back to Vorel and what the heck he was doing in Ixalan despite being a champion from Ravnica.

Me: "So what are you up to these days?"

Vorel: "Nothing much. Just on Vacation. Not really on any Simic duties from Zegana, Prime Speaker. Just me minding my own business and drinking this cup of Pirate brew here"

Me: "Why don't I believe you?"

Vorel: "Well if you buy me more of these stuff I might be inclined to tell you..."



5 hours into the Sleek Schooner ride and a whole bunch of +1/+1 Counters that keep on doubling every time Vorel burps and he coughed up why he was really here on Ixalan. 

Vorel: "I heard there was a very special Aura here. In Simic colors too. It cost cheap at 3 mana!"

Me: "Ok. What do you want with it?"

Vorel: "Simic and counters! Check it out. Assuming I cast a G and X hydra out with 3 counters already on it and then attach this aura they call Hadana's climb , it would check those counters at the beginning of my combat phase and what happens is that it sort of changes into a Legendary Land , The Winged Temple of Orazca!"



Me: "Very Magical then!"

Vorel: "You bet! And then it can give you mana of any color or you can use it's ability to make a creature you already that is probably huge and make it bigger. You know how it is with the Simic nowadays , bigger is still better."

Me: (Whistles) "So it gives a creatures like a Primordial Hydra Flying and +X/+X until end of turn where X is its power? Now that is some really big Hydra right there.

Vorel:"And don't forget about me. I can double the counters on the hydra and make it even bigger. The controller of the deck just needs to keep in mind to use my ability first and then the Winged Temple of Orazca's."


Me:(Scribbling Notes) Anything else?"

Vorel: " Oh and watch out for that damn Blood Sun! It can ruin any of those Legendary lands and their abilities. It might not be a Blood moon but it is as painful in given situations."

Me: (Carefully puts all the +1/+1 counters into my druidic satchel for future use) See you around then. Take care on the climb. I heard it could be slippery especially seeing as how many merfolk are here."

Vorel: "You don't have to tell me about that. Just when you need a pair of Fleetfeather Sandals and you left yours back at home. Hooo well. Slow and steady then."

I got off the next port and wondered who would buy all these +1/+1 counters.

No comments:

Post a Comment