Friday, January 5, 2018

"Urza , Headmaster: Time to use that Head then."


"Urza , Headmaster: Time to use that Head then."
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

Move over Nicol Bolas , Ugin , Karn and Jace ,TMS. Even if he is just a head Urza is still the strongest planeswalker that ever existed. And probably the most fun to play with because he can surely allow you to use very useful abilities and if you are lucky those abilities can even help win you the game.

His first , 2nd and Ultimate skill does require you to have Internet access to be able to go to AskUrza.com to click on an ability and use it. I did try it and it was interesting that he has all the abilities of the current planeswalkers in existence and the randomness of it all makes for really interesting games(or at least I imagine them to be interesting games because you never know what you are going to get).

I liken Urza , Head master to the character Gilgamesh in Final Fantasy 8. If you have ever played that game on PS1 you would know how unpredictable this character can be as he can actually draw and strike with a sword that would deal maximum damage or just a measly 1 damage. What is a little chaos and randomness now and then right? Urza gives you powerful advantages...randomly. Making me instantly like the guy.

Urza . also happens to be the first ever Un-set planeswalker as well as the first time that he has gotten a planeswalker card and owning him is of Magic historical significance for me. I was able to get one in my 3 pack opening of Unstable and it really made my night.

Now playing with Urza is no joke because he requires all colors to be cast. The starting counter of 4 is also a bit low considering that EDH decks has a lot of ways to produce 4 damage. These disadvantages won't stop me from playing the iconic planeswalker though and I find myself at the proverbial drawing board to make a fun deck for him. 

I better not lose my head over this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment