Monday, December 11, 2017

"Utada Hikaru - Anata MV reaction : RnB Utada for Xmas"


"Utada Hikaru - Anata MV reaction : RnB Utada for Xmas"
by:
The Vole

In what is probably one of the best treats that December has given me and other Utada Hikaru fans , she has released a singled called Anata or Dear in what I  can only describe as a return to one of the queens that I have loved most. 

Utada's voice transports me back to moody times filled with heartache and questions of existence and acceptance. This new single in my adult life and the direction she took with it reflects what I have been wanting more now in music.


A jazzy , steady RnB beat that lifts Utada's Iconic voice so that you not only hear her voice but feel it within your soul as she sings. The crisp quality of the audio that is balanced all through out just draws you in with the Queen's voice at the center of it all and you just have to ask yourself if you are in the 2000's or in the 1990's again.

I must admit that it was a little bit of a tease because of the short duration but it was like a lingering sweetness that leaves you wanting for more. And like going back to an old flame you know that you are in for a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment