Friday, November 17, 2017

"Over my Dead bodies:Let the bodies hit the floor"


"Over my Dead bodies:Let the bodies hit the floor"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

As a necromancer in the game of magic I have had the experience of having creatures fall into my graveyard , it is not a question of how as there are a myriad number ways of getting them there like Buried alive in Black , Mulch in Green or even Traumatize in Blue. If you noticed that I mentioned Sultai colors of getting things in the graveyard then you are very sharp. I might have found something for that Damia Sage of  Stone deck I wanted to do or maybe include it in a Jarad deck.

I do not really know of the legalities of using this card in the EDH setting and who knows if it might prove too powerful later and get banned but for now I am excited with the possibilities. 

This 6 mana enchantment can easily be cast in an EDH setting and without a doubt instantly have an impact in everyone's battlefield scenarios. This enchantment let's all the creatures in your graveyard attack or block. Not only that , it gives your creatures the new Undeathtouch mechanic. Deathtouch merely sends creatures to the grave. Undeathtouch exiles them to the great unknown. Probably where Eldrazis dwell in that expanse of space. Oh and all the creatures in your graveyard are all zombies so any stat bonuses from the various zombielords can affect them too.


Just one more thing. All creatures in the graveyard have haste so you can go all out the moment you have enough creatures in there. Just cram them all in there and release. I never thought I would say it but Traumatizing yourself might be good in situations like these. Imagine half of your deck in there with all of your big guns breaking free toward your opponent. Reminds me of that zombie rush going toward Emrakul in Innistrad. Only some of these zombies might be bigger than those measly 2/2's hahahahaha. 

So if you want to play this enchantment here are a few things that you may want to do:

1) It pays to have a well stocked graveyard before you play it.The more things in there the better!

2) Be careful of Bojuka Bog and that person who always seems to have Leyline of the void in all of his or her decks. Yeah it is a necromancer's nightmare but you just have to give them nightmares first is what I always say.

3) All creatures in graveyards are affected by this so it is to your advantage to have more creatures that can attack or block. Don't worry about undeathtouch as this will clear your opponents creatures too but if you have a lot more bodies hitting the floor than your opponent then you can overwhelm them as some point.

I know that this is supposedly a funny set but this card just demands serious attention. And I am serious about graveyard shenanigans. Let's have more bodies hitting the floor running. 



No comments:

Post a Comment