Monday, October 9, 2017

"Midweek Magic October 2017 #36 Bruna Support"


"Midweek Magic October 2017 #36 Bruna Support"
by:
Virgilio F. De leon Jr.MD

It was a Thursday and the room was packed. It meant that there was 7 of us and the group would be too big for a single archenemy and it would be too slow for a multiplayer EDH game. So to solve it , the format for our game it turned out to be 4 opposing players against an Archenemy with 2 minion supports.

The opposing players would be Ram , Jus , Vince and Janry. Ram was designated control and General for the opposition. Jus  , Janry and Vince were the hitters.


On the Archenemy side of the table Pao , Our Archenemy was running a Mono Green Ezuri Elf ball deck. To the left was Yo with his consistent Steel Pussies deck (I know it was called something else but I still call it that). I was on the right and ran Bruna which at first glance didn't look like it could provide any support for the team. I can't be any more happier to be proven wrong.

Since I was running a deck that only had a few creatures in it I spent most of the time looking at my team mates cards and seeing what I can do. Yo and the pussies were good offense and had the annoying ability of breaking stuff like enchantments and artifacts. Pao and the Elf ball also had one of those odd creatures like the Plated Crusher in the mix and it was proving to be a great draw of concern as it cannot be taken cared off naturally with its much vaunted hexproof.


Ram who also had a Bruna deck was keeping an eye on my development as the game progressed. But the Pussies and the Plated crusher on my left were proving to be greater threats especially when I realized that all the Auras I had in my hand could be distributed to my teammates big critters and when Bruna lands on the battlefield could collect them again attaching to her when she finally attacks or blocks.

I am not at all sure what happened next because at some point I knew that Jus was churning out dragons again and that Bruna got countered once or twice ensuring that I would be in General mode and not as melee participant. Eventually we were able to eke out a win when we took out Janry and his Islands.

No comments:

Post a Comment