Tuesday, September 5, 2017

December Avenue - Sa Ngalan ng Pag-ibig mo: "Not as painful as I thought"


December Avenue - Sa Ngalan ng Pag-ibig mo: "Not as painful as I thought"
by:
Virgilio F.De leon Jr.MD

To be honest I have seen the link of this MV floating around in my facebook and youtube feed for weeks now and despite liking the previous MV's that December Avenue made with Tower of Doom and the high quality of their music I was slightly put off by the title of the song. I initially thought that it was an OST for a telenovela or a local movie which I know should not affect what I like but it does now and so I lived with it.

So after Rod Tolentino of Subscapular and a former nurse of mine , Ru Dela Rosa like the link I finally gave it a try. I reasoned how painful sounding could it be if these two gave it a listen and liked it.

From the initial guitar strums I knew that I would already like the song which on the outside speaks of a lost love , a road not taken , a person still hoping and waiting for someone to return. "Willing to wait po." , as the Jollibee cashier would often say , "Sa Ngalan ng Pag-ibig mo."

The MV plays out the first part of the song  of the song on the onset with a girl seemingly reminiscing about a relationship with this one particular guy. How much fun they had. How bonded they were. How things were going oh so well until it ended.

You relate to the girl hoping secretly that by the end of the MV they eventually get back together and then the ball drops.

The transition occurs when the girls mouths this part of the song:

"Hanggang kailan pa ba magtitiis ,  nalunod na sa kakaisip." 

And you realize that the guy he has memories of having had a relationship with was never in a relationship with her at all. The scenes at the earlier part of the song repeats and shows alone in the places that she wants the guy to bring her to or accompany her to.

At this point another set of people also relate to the girl. People who have had imaginary relationships with a famous person or simply people who they feel would be perfect for them if only they would notice that they do exist.

I would have to say that the MV is both effective in toying with the viewers emotions and thoughts as the story unfolds and I am happy to note that I have enjoyed this MV and look forward to December Avenue's next musical offering.

No comments:

Post a Comment